Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi was a legendry icon of India. He was one of the great leaders of the independence movement against British rule. He showed love in the hatred, courage in fear, strength in infirmity, and kindness in the cruelty. Get Gandhi Quotes and make a strong personality.
Mahatma Gandhi is worshipped the world over as one of history’s generally groundbreaking and rousing figures. For an incredible duration in South Africa and India, Gandhi was a brave campaigner for the rights and nobility surprisingly, whose consistent and unflinching advancement of peacefulness as an instrument to prevail upon hearts and psyches has everlastingly left its blemish on the world. Gandhi quotes on peace are truly mesmerising. Nonetheless, the man known today for his quiet, fearlessness, and empathy notwithstanding abuse was not generally agreeable before the groups.
Mahatma Gandhi Life Lessons
Gandhi also has a nickname Bapu. Gandhi saw this world through his pure soul and leaves shining of humanity in this world. Undoubtedly, he has an impact on everyone lives that shows the power of leadership. He was a great Indian activist that influence everyone through his words.
1. Lead A Simple Life.
Gandhi felt that we shouldn’t be tempted by glamorous lifestyles and that the most meaningful lives are simple and purposeful. Gandhi believed that when life is minimal, we can effectively focus on self-improvement.
2. Be Selfless
Gandhi believed that we should focus more on positive impact and kindness, instead of personal achievement and personal gain. He believed everyone can do small things to improve the life of their neighbors.
3. Always Be Yourself
Gandhi led by example and refused to dress any other way than what he thought was right for him and his mission. He encouraged other people to do the same thing. Be who you are at all costs.
4. Lead By Example
Before we can change the world, we must change ourselves. Gandhi believed that before we even consider changing the world, we commit ourselves to personal improvement. Only then, we will know, understand and appreciate what it takes to make meaningful change.
5. The Mind Will Always Be Stronger Than Your Body
Gandhi believed that the person with the strongest mind wins. The person who can control their emotions, their fear, their desire for revenge and violence, will win every single time. Gandhi challenged ALL people to develop their courage and compassion during times of battle.
Mahatma Gandhi Quotes about love and life
Gandhi quotes are the change for us. Conceived Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi in Porbandar, India in 1869 — he was later nicknamed “Mahatma,” for “incredible soul” — the profound pioneer and father of Indian autonomy in certainty languished over quite a bit of his life from an intense dread of public talking. Gandhi quotes animals to show how much he had generosity for animals as well. Gandhi’s glossophobia, as it’s known, was extreme to such an extent that when he confronted an adjudicator for his first legal dispute as a youthful legal adviser, he solidified and fled from the court in a frenzy and shares some Gandhi Quotes change.
1. “You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.” – Mahatma Gandhi
2. “There is more to life than simply increasing its speed.” – Mahatma Gandhi
3. “Faith is not something to grasp, it is a state to grow into.” – Mahatma Gandhi
Also check out these Education Quotes on love, mindfulness, and more.
Mahatma Gandhi Quotes about forgiveness
4. “The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.” – Mahatma Gandhi
Great Gandhi quotes about happiness
5. “Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.” – Mahatma Gandhi
Most famous Mahatma Gandhi quote
6. “Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” –MahatmaGandhi
7. “In a gentle way, you can shake the world.”- MahatmaGandhi
8. “There goes my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.” – MahatmaGandhi
9. “First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, and then you win.” – MahatmaGandhi
Best Gandhi quotes about peace
10. “There is no ‘way to peace,’ there is only peace.” – Mahatma Gandhi
11. “Poverty is the worst form of violence.” – Mahatma Gandhi
12. “As human beings, our greatness lies not so much in being able to remake the world – that is the myth of the atomic age – as in being able to remake ourselves.” – Mahatma Gandhi
Mahatma Gandhi Quotes
13. “Seek not greater wealth, but simpler pleasure; not higher fortune, but deeper felicity.” – Mahatma Gandhi
14. “My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and my talents and I lay them both at his feet.” – Mahatma Gandhi
More Gandhi quotes about love and life
He was a public figure that is well known for the non-violence and truth, and quotes by Mahatma Gandhi are still effective and represent the decorum. If we delve into the life of Gandhi, then we can easily figure out that the influence of his character with generosity. We all know that he was in charge of all the political issues during British rule. Mahatma Gandhi thoughts and wisdom converted into quotes that carry some life experience that can help us today.
15. “I first learned the concepts of non-violence in my marriage.”- Mahatma Gandhi
16. “There is no school equal to a decent home and no teacher equal to a virtuous parent.”- Mahatma Gandhi
17. “Don’t talk about it. The rose doesn’t have to propagate its perfume. It just gives it forth, and people are drawn to it. Live it, and people will come to see the source of your power.”- Mahatma Gandhi
18. “A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history.”- Mahatma Gandhi
19. “You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is like an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.”- Mahatma Gandhi
20. “You can chain me, you can torture me, you can even destroy this body, but you will never imprison my mind.”- Mahatma Gandhi
21. “If I had no sense of humor, I would long ago have committed suicide.”- Mahatma Gandhi
Quotes by Gandhi about suffering
22. “Nobody can hurt me without my permission.”- Mahatma Gandhi
23. “I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet.”- Mahatma Gandhi
24. “The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.”- Mahatma Gandhi
25. “Each night, when I go to sleep, I die. And the next morning, when I wake up, I am reborn.”- Mahatma Gandhi
26. “If we are to reach real peace in the world, we shall have to begin with the children.”- Mahatma Gandhi
Quotes of Mahatma Gandhi about faith
27. “Earth provides enough to satisfy every man’s needs, but not every man’s greed.”- MahatmaGandhi
28. “To believe in something, and not to live it, is dishonest.”- MahatmaGandhi
29. “There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.”- MahatmaGandhi
30. “Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that you do it.”
Quotes by Mahatma Gandhi about positive thoughts
31. “Keep your thoughts positive because your thoughts become your words. Keep your words positive because your words become your behavior. Keep your behavior positive because your behavior becomes your habits. Keep your habits positive because your habits become your values. Keep your values positive because your values become your destiny.”- Mahatma Gandhi
32. “It’s the action, not the fruit of the action, that’s important. You have to do the right thing. It may not be in your power, may not be in your time, that there’ll be any fruit. But that doesn’t mean you stop doing the right thing. You may never know what results come from your action. But if you do nothing, there will be no result.”- Mahatma Gandhi
33. “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it–always.”- Mahatma Gandhi
34. “I came to the conclusion long ago that all religions were true and also that all had some error in them, and while I hold by my own religion, I should hold other religions as dear as Hinduism. So we can only pray, if we were Hindus, not that a Christian should become a Hindu; but our innermost prayer should be that a Hindu should become a better Hindu, a Muslim a better Muslim, and a Christian a better Christian.”- Mahatma Gandhi
Mahatma Gandhi Quotes about love and life
35. “I must say that, beyond occasionally exposing me to laughter, my constitutional shyness has been no dis-advantage whatever. In fact,I can see that on the contrary, it has been all to my advantage. My hesitancy in speech, which was once an annoyance, is now a pleasure. Its greatest benefit has been that it has taught me the economy of words. – Mahatma Gandhi
36. Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. – Mahatma Gandhi
37. A coward is incapable of exhibiting love; it is the prerogative of the brave. – Mahatma Gandhi
38. The good man is the friend of all living things. – Mahatma Gandhi
39. “Relationships are based on four principles: respect, understanding, acceptance and appreciation.” – Mahatma Gandhi
40. “There is more to life than simply increasing its speed.” – Mahatma Gandhi
41. “What we are doing to the forests of the world is but a mirror refection of what we are doing to ourselves and to one another.” – Mahatma Gandhi
Other inspirational Mahatma Gandhi quotes
42. “Our greatest ability as humans is not to change the world; but to change ourselves.” – Mahatma Gandhi
43. “Speak only if it improves upon the silence.” – Mahatma Gandhi
44. “The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problem.” – Mahatma Gandhi
45. Man becomes great exactly in the degree in which he works for the welfare of his fellow-men. – Mahatma Gandhi
46. “It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver.” – Mahatma Gandhi
47. “Those who know how to think need no teachers.” – Mahatma Gandhi
48. To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer. – Mahatma Gandhi
49. “Strength does not come from physical capacity, it comes from indomitable will.” – Mahatma Gandhi
50. “If we want to reach real peace in this world, we should start educating children.” – Mahatma Gandhi
Gandhi ji quotes are still empowering for youth, and teach invaluable lessons of life. He was an influence and inspirational figure that history ever witnessed. Life of Gandhi from South Africa to India shows the fearless character that fights for all people’s dignity and rights. Mahatma Gandhi quotes are showing his calmness in the right manner that makes us realise the value of calmness in life.
Which Mahatma Gandhi quotes were your favorite?
As you can see from these quotes, Gandhi was big on compassion, vision, tolerance, and patience. His words remind us that we can inspire the world and make massive changes in life.
We live in a world where there’s a lot of violence and people take life for granted. Hopefully, these Mahatma Gandhi quotes will inspire you to preserve your character and live your best life.